Labor & Employment in Kentucky
If you think your employer isn't protecting your rights as an employee, it can be a tricky situation. How you address the issue may depend on whether you want to keep your job and stay on good terms with your boss. A Kentucky labor and employment law attorney can explain your legal options and help you address the issue.
When to Hire a Kentucky Labor & Employment Lawyer
Thousands of federal and Kentucky labor laws govern your workplace. Because of the sheer number, not every employer follows every law. They may disregard the rules out of ignorance, others they may deliberately ignore.
As an employee, you should speak to Kentucky labor and employment law attorneys if you:
- Are having problems getting the compensation you deserve
- Are negotiating a legal agreement—such as a job contract or severance agreement—with a company
- Think you may be a victim of sexual harassment or discrimination in the workplace
- Have applied for unemployment compensation in Kentucky and your claim has been denied
- Think your workplace has unsafe conditions and your employer refuses to address them
- Have been injured on the job or developed an occupational illness and your Kentucky workers' compensation claim has been denied
- Need to take leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, but your request was denied
Find & Hire a Kentucky Employment Attorney
Don't try to deal with job-related legal problems on your own. Kentucky employment lawyers are the best people to help guide you to a resolution. Attorneys.com can connect you with Kentucky labor lawyers in your area. To use our free service, call us at 877-913-7222 or complete the form on this page.