Labor And Employment
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Labor & Employment in Connecticut
If you're trying to negotiate a job-related contract with your employer, or if you think your company's employment practices break the law, don't try to resolve the problem yourself. A Connecticut labor and employment attorney can explain your legal options and help you find a solution.
Labor and employment laws can be complicated and confusing. There are thousands of laws that govern everything from minimum wage to workers' compensation. In many instances, there are very specific steps that must be taken to resolve disputes.
For example, if your Connecticut unemployment claim is denied you cannot immediately sue your former employer in court. Instead, you'll need to file an appeal with the Connecticut Department of Labor.
A Connecticut labor and employment lawyer can help you understand the specific process for resolving the issue with your employer.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Connecticut Employment Law Attorney
Before hiring a Connecticut employment law lawyer, schedule an initial consultation, or preliminary meeting, to get to know the attorney and decide whether to hire him or her. Bring to this meeting a list of questions that will help you make a hiring decision. Questions to ask might include:
- How long have you practiced labor and employment law in Connecticut?
- Do you only represent employees or do you also represent employers?
- Do you focus on a particular area or aspect of labor and employment law?
- What are my legal options?
- Have you previously represented other clients facing issues similar to mine? Can you tell me a bit more about how their issues were resolved?
- How much do you charge for your services? Can you estimate how much, including legal fees and expenses, it will cost to resolve my issue?
Find & Hire a Connecticut Labor & Employment Lawyer
If you're facing a legal problem on the job, you must address it immediately—and a Connecticut labor law lawyer can help you. Attorneys.com offers a free service that can help you find Connecticut labor and employment law attorneys in your area. Simply complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. We'll quickly connect you with attorneys in your area.