Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
The field of insurance defense law includes numerous areas of dispute, including:
- Personal injury
- Homeowner's liability
- Automotive disputes
- Insurance fraud
- Crop losses
- Property damage
- Product liability
- Professional malpractice
- Uninsured and underinsured parties
- Insurance coverage disputes
Attorneys who practice in this field typically represent insurance agencies in cases where there is a dispute either between the insurer and the insured or when one of the insurance company's policyholders is facing legal proceedings as a result of one of the above-mentioned areas of dispute.
Insurance Defense Attorneys Represent Agencies
Insurance defense attorneys represent the insurance agency in cases where:
- the insured party's coverage is in dispute
- the insurance company believes the claim is false, frivolous, or made in bad faith
- there is significant misrepresentation by the policyholder either at the time of enrollment or regarding the claimed incident
- medical or therapeutic costs are considered excessive or unnecessary
In cases where the insured individual is faced with legal proceedings, insurance defense attorneys serve as their representatives in court to minimize the amount paid by the insurance company and the insured party and to protect the rights of the insured in such legal proceedings. By providing experienced legal counsel to defendants in such cases, the insurance defense attorney can ensure that the cost to both the policyholder and the insurance company is kept to a minimum and that premiums for policyholders remain reasonable and affordable throughout the coverage area.