Legal Articles
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now

Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.

Texas Immigration

Each year millions of people born outside the United States arrive to live and work here. As of 2011, over 4 million foreign-born people called Texas home. Many have also become permanent residents in the state. If you want to come to Texas to work or attend school, an immigration lawyer can help.

Agriculture Jobs in Texas

There are many agriculture employers in Texas. And these farmers have a strong need to fill additional positions. Many immigrants living in Texas are working on local farms. Currently, immigrants can come to the U.S. to temporarily work on farms under the H-2A program.

The U.S. is currently creating new guest worker laws, as reported by Reuters. The new federal program would make it easier for people to come into Texas to work. It will also make it easier for local employers to hire workers.

Ways to Get a Green Card

United States federal law requires immigrants who want permanent residency to get a green card. There are several ways for immigrants to obtain permanent residency so they can remain in the U.S. Here are three of the most common ways to get a green card:

  • Receive a job offer from a U.S. company
  • Live with family members residing in the U.S.
  • Make investments in the U.S. that create domestic jobs

There are several other ways immigrants can get their permanent residency. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security lists all of them.

Locate a Local Texas Immigration Lawyer Today

If you want to move to Texas, you have several options. However, there is paperwork involved and it can get confusing, as laws sometimes quickly change. A lawyer can offer help, providing the most up-to-date information. Call now to speak with an immigration attorney in Texas at 877-913-7222.