Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
As our political climate changes, so do attitudes about immigration. U.S. immigration evolves rapidly. And the rules are becoming more complex. Now, more than ever, it is crucial to work with an immigration lawyer if you are one of the many people coming into United States from another country. Maine immigration lawyers help people like you every day.
What Do Immigration Lawyers Do?
Immigration attorneys offer legal assistance for a wide range of issues:
- Green cards (employment-based and family-based)
- Work visas (temporary)
- Family visitor visas
- Fiancé visas
- Non-immigrant visas
- Immigration Court
- Immigration Appeals
- Criminal Charges
- Foreign Labor Certification (PERM)
- Immigration assistance for medical professionals, researchers, professors, and scientists
- Hiring foreign laborers/workers
- Waivers of inadmissibility
- Temporary Protected Status
Of course, no two lawyers or law firms in Maine are alike. Those practicing immigration law may focus on different aspects. So, it is wise to do your homework when finding the right lawyer for you. Do some research online. Screen candidates over the phone. Ask people around you for immigration lawyer referrals. Additionally, you can learn more about immigration frequently asked questions.
How Does Immigration Impact My Family and Me?
Do not make the mistake of assuming immigration law is a narrow, specialized field that impacts only a small group of individuals and their families. Immigration is not restricted solely to decisions about where a person lives or works. Such assumptions fall short of the realities of life in Maine and impacts of immigration. Immigration law encompasses several aspects of daily life for illegal immigrants, their coworkers, family, friends, and neighbors, such as:
- Rental of residential and commercial properties
- Mortgage and lending transactions
- College and graduate school admissions
- Funding for higher education (loans, scholarships, grants)
- Registering in public grade schools (elementary and secondary)
- Hiring practices
Locate a Local Maine Immigration Lawyer Today
Immigration attorneys practicing in Maine perform valuable legal services. Whether your situation is work-related or personal, there is no need to brave the system on your own. Get help from a legal pro who routinely deals with the federal immigration system. Call now to speak with a Maine immigration attorney at 877-913-7222.