American immigration laws are ever-evolving. As the political climate shifts, so do opinions immigration. As a result, the rules are becoming more complex. It is now more important than ever for those entering the country to retain legal counsel. Louisiana immigration attorneys can help with visas, green cards, deportation, citizenship—almost any immigration issue you may face.
What Are Visas?
The visa is a legal tool that allows a non-U.S. citizen to enter the country. There are many types. Each has its own rule and limitations.
The student visa is a popular type. It is ideal for those who want to come to the United States to study full-time in an educational program. With a student visa, you can:
- Travel to a port-of-entry in the United States
- Request a Customs and Border Patrol officer to allow you to enter
If you are granted admission, you must uphold the duties and responsibilities of the student visa during your time in the United States.
How Can a Lawyer Help With Family Immigration Issues?
In Louisiana, immigration lawyers tackle many issues that relate to families. For instance, you may have questions such as:
- My spouse is a citizen or permanent resident. Can I become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) due to my spouse's status?
- I am not a legal resident, but my spouse is. Can we file taxes jointly?
- How can I petition for my spouse or family to obtain legal status?
- What are the requirements for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)?
- If I live out of the country, how can I renew my LPR card?
Immigration lawyers help people with these and other matters every day.
Locate a Local Louisiana Immigration Attorney
Immigration lawyers perform valuable legal services for individuals, families, employers, and more. Whether your issue is personal or work-related, you do not need to brave the system alone. Call now to speak with a Louisiana immigration attorney at 877-913-7222.