Legal Professional?
Build Your Business

Kansas Immigration

Adjusting to a new home can be stressful, confusing, and scary. When your new home is a whole other country, cultural changes can pile on top of legal issues. And there may even be a language barrier to overcome. It is crucial to make informed decisions about your residency status. A Kansas immigration attorney to help you navigate the system.

What Is a Temporary Visa?

A temporary visa allows a person to legally stay in the United States on a short-term basis. This may be applicable to your situation if:

  • You have a loved one or family member living here.
  • You have always wanted to live or work in the United States.
  • You have financial interests in the United States that require you to stay in the country for a short-term basis occasionally.

Determining the type of visa you need is important. And deadlines are strictly enforced. Immigration attorneys can ensure all paperwork is filed on a timely manner. They can also inform you of next steps and monitor your immigration status.

What Is a Green Card?

Once you have authorization to live or work on a short-term basis in the United States, you may want to apply for a green card. This is the next step toward permanent residency, regardless of the type of visa you obtained. You need to apply for an I-551 or green card if you want to remain in the Unites States permanently.

Can a Lawyer Help Me in a Deportation Matter?

Yes. If you are detained because you entered the country unlawfully or have been charged with a crime punished by deportation, your future hangs in the balance. Immigration lawyers are trained in the immigration court system and its procedures. They can make a material difference in the outcome of your civil or criminal deportation case.

Locate a Kansas Immigration Attorney Today

Immigration lawyers perform key legal services in personal and employment matters. You do not have to wrestle with immigration procedures, forms, and laws on your own. Call today to speak with an immigration lawyer in Kansas at 877-913-7222.