Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
United States immigration law has changed in the last few years, and the political climate is not always pro-immigration. Rules are becoming more complex for legally entering the country, so it is more crucial than ever to hire an immigration lawyer to help you obtain citizenship or to live and work in the country.
What Are the Governing Bodies in Immigration Law?
The major federal authorities who administer, preside over, manage, and decide individual, family, and business immigration cases include:
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Service
- Department of Homeland Security
- Immigration Courts
- Board of Immigration Appeals
- Department of Labor
- Federal district courts
What Are Visas?
The visa is a key immigration tool that allows non-citizens to arrive at U.S. borders and request permission to enter. There are multiple types of visas, and each has its own rules and limitations.
The student visa is a popular type perfect for those seeking to come to the U.S. to study full-time in an education program. If you obtain a student visa, you can:
- Travel to a U.S. port of entry
- Request a Customs and Border Patrol officer to allow you entry to U.S.
If you are granted admission and entry, you are required to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the student visa during your stay in the U.S.
How Can a Lawyer Help with My Immigration Case?
In Georgia, immigration legal advocates tackle many issues that affect the personal lives of individuals and families. These local immigration law practitioners can answer questions, such as:
- If my spouse is a citizen or permanent resident, can I become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)?
- What are the requirements for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?
- If I live abroad, how can I renew my Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) card?
- Can illegal aliens file taxes jointly with legal resident spouses?
- How can I petition for my spouse or family to obtain legal status?
Contact a Georgia Immigration Attorney Today
Immigration lawyers perform core legal services for you and your family in personal and work situations. Don’t wrestle in frustration with immigration legal issues alone. The stakes are too high. Instead, call today to talk with an immigration legal professional at 877-913-7222.