Kentucky DUI and DWI
Driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI) are serious crimes Kentucky. A conviction can have lasting adverse impacts. It could affect your job, car insurance, education, and personal freedom. You may face jail, fines, or other punishment. And you could lose your driving privileges. Whether you are facing DUI for the first or a subsequent time, a Kentucky DWI attorney can help you mount a strong defense.
How Can a Kentucky DWI Attorney Help Me Keep My License?
Most Kentucky drivers accused of driving under the influence worry about loss of their driver’s licenses. A local DUI attorney can work aggressively to protect your driving privileges and freedoms. Kentucky DUI lawyers can represent you in scenarios in which you:
- Are accused of driving while intoxicated
- Are arrested for a DUI and want to keep your driver’s license post-arrest
- Have local administrative hearings before the state motor vehicle division if you fail your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test
- Have hearings in state court before a judge if you refuse to take a BAC test when requested in the field by police at your traffic stop
- Refuse to take a BAC test at a hospital or law enforcement locale, such as the local police precinct
Do I Have to Take Field Sobriety Tests?
No, you do not. Field sobriety tests must be voluntary to be admitted as evidence in court. Police cannot force drivers to take these tests. Statements you make, however, in refusing such tests may be used against you. In fact, things you say sometimes can be more harmful to your case than failing the tests. If you do not want to attempt field sobriety tests, decline politely. Simply explain you do not wish to voluntarily take the tests. Then, stop at that.
Locate a Local Kentucky DWI Lawyer Today
Kentucky DUI lawyers know how to compile winning defenses. They may hone in on weaknesses and flaws in police testing equipment, conditions, and methods to defend you. Call now to speak with a driving under the influence lawyer in Kentucky at 877-913-7222.