Utah Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Law-abiding citizens should not have to worry about being attacked by someone's dog. But statistics show that as many as 800,000 people seek medical care for dog bites every year in the United States. If you are one of them, you may be due compensation for your injuries. A Utah attorney can help.
Under the Utah dog bite statute, dog owners are strictly liable for any damages or injuries their dogs cause. It does not matter if the dog had bitten or exhibited violent behavior in the past.
What Types of Damages Can You Recover?
As with other personal injury cases, compensation varies. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may be able to sue for:
- Medical bills related to the injury
- Lingering physical or emotional distress related to the incident
- Lost wages, if you are unable to work or need to take time off for medical appointments
- Any items that were damaged during the attack, such as torn clothing or shoes
- Costs to hire help for daily chores you cannot do because of your injuries
Dog bite lawyers in Utah are well versed in these types of cases. They can help ensure you get fair compensation.
Building Your Case
If you decide to pursue a lawsuit, your attorney may ask for:
- Photographs of your injuries taken as soon as possible after the attack
- Medical records describing your injuries and treatment
- Copies of your medical bills
- Torn or bloodied clothing, shoes, or other items that may have been damaged during the attack
You may also need to give a deposition. This is a statement you give under oath. It is your chance to explain what happened.
Locate a Local Utah Animal Bite Lawyer
Not all animal encounters are friendly. Fortunately for dog bite victims in Utah, the law is strongly on your side. Call now to speak with a Utah dog attack lawyer at 877-913-7222.
Connect with an Attorney nowCall 877.913.7222