Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Oklahoma Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
If you have been attacked by someone's dog, you may feel overwhelmed by your injuries. You may be emotionally distressed and snowed under by medical bills and other costs. The good news is that you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and other losses. An Oklahoma attorney can help.
Oklahoma Dog Bite Laws
Dog bite victims in Oklahoma have good reason to feel confident that justice will prevail if they choose to file lawsuits. The law is strongly on their side. Oklahoma dog bite laws impose strict liability on dog owners for injuries their animals cause. It does not matter if the dog had ever bitten anyone before, or if there was any reason to believe the dog might be dangerous. There are, however, a couple of caveats:
- The victim must not have provoked the dog, such as by teasing or tormenting.
- The victim must not have been trespassing or committing another crime at the time of the attack.
Oklahoma lawyers are well versed in these laws and can build a strong case on your behalf.
The Cost of Dog Bites
Dog bites cost more than just the dollar amount of your medical bills. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may:
- Be unable to work
- Need to take time off for doctor’s appointments
- Need to hire help for day-to-day tasks, such as household chores or yard work, that you normally do yourself
- Suffer lingering emotional trauma
- Require future medical care for complications that arise later
- Need to replace items that were damaged during the attack, such as clothing or shoes that may have been bitten or torn
Animal attack lawyers help clients every day recover costs for these types of losses and more. The sooner you get to work building your case, the better.
Locate a Local Oklahoma Dog Bites Attorney
You should not have to worry about being attacked by someone's dog. If it happens, you deserve good legal representation. Call now to speak with an Oklahoma animal attacks lawyer at 877-913-7222.