Nebraska Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
No one expects to be attacked by someone's dog. So when it happens, you may feel blindsided. You also may face serious physical and emotional wounds. And you may wonder if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If you have been the victim of a dog bite in Nebraska, the law is strongly on your side. A Nebraska attorney can help.
What Does Nebraska Law Say About Dog Bites?
Dog owners in Nebraska are strictly liable for any injuries their animals cause. It does not matter if a dog has behaved violently before, or if the owner had any reason to believe it would be dangerous. The law applies even in cases of non-bite injuries, such as scratches or knock-downs. There are only a couple of exceptions:
- The victim must not have been trespassing at the time of the attack.
- Strict liability does not apply to damages caused by mischievous or playful acts.
Dog attack lawyers routinely handle these types of cases. They can help you get fair compensation for your injuries.
What Are the True Costs of Dog Bites?
Dog bites cost more than just the amount of your medical bills. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may:
- Be unable to work
- Need to take time off for doctor’s appointments
- Need to hire help for day-to-day tasks
- Suffer lingering emotional trauma
- Require future medical care for complications that arise later
- Need to replace items that were damaged during the attack, such as torn clothing or shoes
Animal attack lawyers help clients every day to recover costs for these types of losses and more. The sooner you get to work building your case, the better.
Locate a Local Nebraska Animal Bites Attorney
A dog bite is just like any other personal injury. If it happened due to someone else's negligence, you may be compensated for your medical bills and other losses. Get help from a legal pro who handles cases like yours every day. Call now to speak with a Nebraska dog attack lawyer at 877-913-7222.