Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Idaho Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Dogs are favorites among pet lovers. But "man's best friend" can sometimes turn vicious, and serious injuries can result. With the help of an animal bite lawyer in Idaho, you may be able to collect compensation for medical bills and other losses.
How Serious Are Dog Bites?
Most of us are familiar with the old cliché of the dog biting the mailman. But dog bites are no laughing matter:
- Sharp canine teeth can pierce skin, muscle, and other tissues—and even tear through clothing or shoes.
- Wounds can become infected.
- In some cases, there may even be a threat of rabies.
- A vicious attack can be emotionally traumatic.
- Depending on your injuries, you may have to take time off from work.
- You may need help with everyday chores and errands you are unable to perform while you recover.
Idaho personal injury attorneys help people with cases like these every day. If you suspect you may have a lawsuit on your hands, get in touch with a lawyer experienced with dog bites and animal attacks as soon as you can.
Dog Bite Laws in Idaho
Idaho does not have an official dog bite statute. But this does not mean that dog owners in the state are not responsible. Rather, a one bite rule is assumed. This means that an owner may not be liable the first time his or her dog bites someone. But liability applies for dogs that are known to be vicious. Specifically:
- The dog must have a history of violent behavior. The most obvious is a past history of biting.
- The owner must be aware that the dog is dangerous.
Vicious dogs must be kept in secure enclosures. A dog owner is considered negligent if the dog attacks a person who is neither trespassing nor provoking the dog. An animal attacks lawyer can advise on your specific case.
Locate a Local Idaho Dog Bites Attorney
If you have been bitten by someone's dog, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. The dog's owner may owe you the cost of your medical bills and other losses. Call now to speak with an Idaho dog attack lawyer.