Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Georgia Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Not all animal encounters are friendly. Millions of people are bitten each year by dogs and other animals. And the resulting injuries can be serious. Bites can cut through skin, muscle, and other tissues. Wounds can become infected. There may even be a threat of rabies. And victims frequently feel emotional distress. If you have been bitten or attacked, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and other losses. A animal bites attorney in Georgia can help.
Georgia’s Dog Bite Statute
Georgia law imposes strict liability on dog owners if their animals injure another person. There are, however, a few conditions:
- The dog must be considered “vicious” or “dangerous.” This can be as easy as showing that the dog was required to be leashed, but was not.
- The dog must have been at large due to the owner’s negligence.
- The victim must not have provoked the animal.
- The victim must not have been trespassing on the dog owner’s property.
If you have been a victim of an animal attack, the time to consult with a lawyer experienced with dog attacks right away.
What Types of Damages Can You Recover?
Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may be due compensation for:
- Past, current, and future medical bills related to the injury
- Lost wages, if you were out of work due to the bite, including time for doctor or physical therapy appointments
- Personal property damaged during the incident, including clothing, shoes, or other items
- Costs to hire help for household chores you are unable to do because of your injuries
- Lingering physical or emotional issues due to the incident
Your dog bites and animal attacks attorney can advise on your particular case.
Locate a Local Georgia Dog Bites Attorney
If you have been injured by a dog or other animal, the animal’s owner may be liable for damages. Personal injury attorneys who regularly deal with these cases know how the laws work in your state. They can help get you the compensation you deserve. Call now to speak with a Georgia animal attacks lawyer at 877-913-7222.