Divorce in North Dakota
When your marriage ends, a couple must come to agreement on several critical items, including the division of property and debts, whether one person is entitled to alimony, how child custody (also known as residential responsibility in North Dakota) will be handled and how much one parent will pay in child support. Your divorce attorneys can help you negotiate agreements in key areas and will also represent you in North Dakota District Court.
When Should You Hire a North Dakota Family Law Attorney?
Although you're not legally required to hire an attorney to handle your divorce case, it's a wise decision. You'll certainly want to hire a lawyer if:
- You're uncomfortable navigating the North Dakota District Courts on your own
- You don't understand the legal requirements for obtaining a divorce in North Dakota
- You'd prefer to get your marriage annulled
- You and your spouse have minor children and need to reach agreement on issues related to child custody, visitation and child support
- You and your spouse own many assets—such as real estate, a company or brokerage accounts—or have a lot of debt
- You and your spouse are unable to communicate with one another in a civil manner and you think you'll have trouble reaching a mutually agreeable divorce settlement
Find & Hire a Local North Dakota Divorce Lawyer
Do you need to hire a divorce attorney, but don't know where to start? You've come to the right website. Whether you live in Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks or elsewhere in North Dakota, Attorneys.com can quickly connect you with divorce lawyers in your area. To use our free, no-obligation service, complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222 today.
Connect with an Attorney nowCall 877.913.7222