Divorce in New Hampshire
Ending a marriage is a detail-intensive process. You have to separate a household, make child custody decisions, split joint bank accounts, update insurance policies and get the New Hampshire Circuit Court Family Division's seal of approval on your divorce. A divorce attorney can help help you manage the legal issues associated with your divorce.
When Should You Hire Divorce Attorneys?
Your divorce lawyer can do as little or as much as you'd like, including:
- Filing your divorce petition with the New Hampshire Family Division Court and representing you at court hearings
- Helping you negotiate with your spouse how you will divide property and debt, as well as negotiating alimony
- Helping you negotiate child custody issues and filing a parenting petition with the court
Legal experts strongly recommend that you hire a New Hampshire divorce lawyer if:
- You don't feel comfortable navigating the New Hampshire legal system on your own
- You and your spouse have trouble communicating directly with one another
- Either you or your spouse is opposed to the idea of getting a divorce
- You have minor children and need to resolve paternity, child custody and/or child support issues.
- You and your spouse separately or jointly own real estate, a business or other substantial assets, or you have significant debt
Find & Hire a Local Divorce Lawyer in New Hampshire
If you live in Manchester, Nashua, Concord or elsewhere in New Hampshire, Attorneys.com can help connect you with family law attorneys in your area. To use our free service, complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. After you answer a couple of simple questions, we'll quickly match you with a nearby New Hampshire divorce lawyer.