Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Child Custody in New Hampshire
When parents split up, it can have a major effect on the couple's children. That's why it's essential for parents to reach agreement on issues related to child custody, visitation and child support. If parents, with the assistance of their child custody attorneys, are unable to reach an agreement, then a New Hampshire Family Division judge will make the decisions for you.
How Can a Child Custody Lawyer Help You?
There's no law that requires you to hire a New Hampshire child custody attorney to manage your custody case, but it's a smart practice. Consider hiring an attorney if:
- Your child's paternity needs to be established
- You and your child's other parent have difficulty communicating with one another
- There's some question as to whether New Hampshire or another state has jurisdiction over your child custody matter
- Your child's other parent is not adhering to the parenting plan or visitation schedule
- You'd like to modify the New Hampshire child custody or child support agreement
Find out more at the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.
Find & Hire Local New Hampshire Child Custody Attorneys
Whether you live in Manchester, Nashua, Concord or elsewhere in New Hampshire, Attorneys.com offers a free service that can connect you with child custody lawyers in your area. Simply fill out the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. We'll ask you a few easy questions, then match you with a local family law attorney.