Child Custody in Montana
Romantic relationships come to an end, but parental relationships continue on. If you and your child's other parent are no longer a couple, you'll have to make decisions about what is in the best interest of your children. These would include child custody decisions, a visitation schedule and a child support agreement. Each parent should be represented by a Montana child custody attorney, who can help guide you through the process and negotiate a mutually agreeable solution.
Reasons to Hire Montana Child Custody Attorneys
If you're dealing with child custody issues, there are countless reasons to hire a Montana child custody lawyer. You'll want to hire a lawyer if:
- You and the child's other parent weren't married and are not living together. (Parents who are getting a divorce will address child custody issues as part of their divorce agreement.)
- Paternity has not been established.
- You and the child's other parent have a difficult time communicating with one another.
- Parents do not agree about the details of custody and a parenting plan.
- Parents live in different states, and there's disagreement as to where child custody proceedings should occur.
- You do not feel comfortable or confident navigating the legal system without the assistance of a Montana family law attorney.
- You have an existing child custody agreement that needs to be modified.
- You have an existing child custody agreement, but one parent refuses to follow the agreement.
- You are not receiving the child support to which you are entitled, or the child support award needs to be modified.
Find & Hire Montana Child Custody Lawyers
Attorneys.com offers a free service that can quickly connect you with Montana family law attorneys in your area. Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. We'll ask you a few simple questions, then match you with a local Montana child custody attorney today.