Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Child Custody in Montana
Romantic relationships come to an end, but parental relationships continue on. If you and your child's other parent are no longer a couple, you'll have to make decisions about what is in the best interest of your children. These would include child custody decisions, a visitation schedule and a child support agreement. Each parent should be represented by a Montana child custody attorney, who can help guide you through the process and negotiate a mutually agreeable solution.
Reasons to Hire Montana Child Custody Attorneys
If you're dealing with child custody issues, there are countless reasons to hire a Montana child custody lawyer. You'll want to hire a lawyer if:
- You and the child's other parent weren't married and are not living together. (Parents who are getting a divorce will address child custody issues as part of their divorce agreement.)
- Paternity has not been established.
- You and the child's other parent have a difficult time communicating with one another.
- Parents do not agree about the details of custody and a parenting plan.
- Parents live in different states, and there's disagreement as to where child custody proceedings should occur.
- You do not feel comfortable or confident navigating the legal system without the assistance of a Montana family law attorney.
- You have an existing child custody agreement that needs to be modified.
- You have an existing child custody agreement, but one parent refuses to follow the agreement.
- You are not receiving the child support to which you are entitled, or the child support award needs to be modified.
Find & Hire Montana Child Custody Lawyers
Attorneys.com offers a free service that can quickly connect you with Montana family law attorneys in your area. Call us at 877-913-7222 or fill out the form on this page. We'll ask you a few simple questions, then match you with a local Montana child custody attorney today.