Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Child Custody in Hawaii
Negotiating a child custody agreement can be tricky. And determining how much a parent should receive in child support isn't easy, either. Unfortunately, problems can persist even after you've come to an agreement. Visitation schedules aren't followed, child support payments can be late, life changes require a change in custody arrangements and more. A Hawaii child custody lawyer can help you work through these issues and more.
Questions to Ask When Hiring Hawaii Child Custody Lawyers
Before deciding to hire a Hawaii child custody lawyer, spend some time getting to know the attorney and deciding if he or she is the right person to represent you. Custody is a highly personal and often emotional issue, and you want to ensure that you like and agree with the attorney you hire.
Schedule preliminary meetings or initial consultations with all of the Hawaii child custody attorneys you're considering, and ask them some questions about their experience, style of practicing law and projected costs. Focus on topics that will help with your hiring decision. Sample questions include:
- How much of your legal practice is devoted to child custody and child support issues?
- If you practice other types of law, what kinds of work do you do?
- Where did you attend law school and how many years have you been a lawyer?
- Have you represented other clients with similar legal issues? What was the outcome in their case?
- Can you describe your style or approach to practicing law?
- How do you charge for your services? Can you estimate my total legal bill, including fees and expenses?
- Will other attorneys in your firm be working on my case? What skills and experience do they have? Can I meet them?
Find & Hire a Hawaii Child Custody Attorney
Attorneys.com can assist you if you need help finding Hawaii child custody or child support lawyers in your area. To use your free referral service, complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222. After you answer a few brief questions, we'll quickly connect you with Hawaii family law attorneys in your area.