Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Child Custody in Connecticut
Parents who are no longer a couple will have to reach child custody, visitation and child support decisions regarding their minor children. Each parent should be represented by his or her own Connecticut child custody attorney, who will protect each parent's rights while working with the parents to negotiate a parenting plan.
How a Connecticut Child Custody Lawyer Can Help You
You're not legally required to use a Connecticut child custody attorney to help resolve your custody, support and visitation issues, but it's strongly recommended. A lawyer can help you:
- Understand your legal rights and obligations as a parent
- Work with your child's other parent and that parent's attorney to negotiate a child custody and visitation agreement
- File the appropriate paperwork with the court and represent you at court hearings
- Ensure you meet all of the necessary deadlines related to your Connecticut child custody matter
- Calculate how much child support you can expect to receive or be expected to pay
- Make changes to an existing child custody agreement, visitation schedule or child support order
Find & Hire Connecticut Child Custody Attorneys
Attorneys.com offers a free service that can quickly connect you with Connecticut child custody lawyers across the state. Complete the form on this page or call us at 877-913-7222 to get started. Whether you live in Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Stamford or elsewhere in the state, we can match you to a Connecticut family law attorney in your area.