Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Utah Auto Accidents
If you suffer injuries in Utah due to a car crash caused by the fault of another driver, you may receive monetary compensation for damages, losses, and injuries you sustain, including:
- Past, present, and future medical bills for treatment related to your injuries
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages
- Cost of hiring help to do household chores, such as cleaning, lawn care, cooking, shopping, and childcare that you cannot perform due to your personal injury
- Emotional distress damages stemming from the automobile accident
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and other personal property damaged or destroyed in the accident
- Out-of-pocket expenses such as towing and storage fees
- Lost future earning capacity because of the automobile accident injuries
- Lost wages for time missed from employment, including doctor's appointments, physical therapy, and court appearances
What Role Does Negligence Play in a Collision?
To collect monetary damages in an accident injury claim, Utah law requires you to prove the other driver was negligent in his conduct. You must establish these elements to assert your injury claim:
- The driver who caused your injuries had a responsibility and legal duty not to injure you and failed to live up to that legal duty
- There is a connection between the other driver's responsibility and your resulting personal injury
- You suffered damages or a financial loss as a result of the automobile accident
Does Utah Have a Deadline for Filing Accident Claims?
The Utah statute of limitations gives injured accident victims a four-year time limit from the date of an auto accident in which to file a claim against the driver at fault for causing the collision. Time is of the essence in prosecuting a claim stemming from a Utah car accident, so it is prudent to seek legal advice from a car accident lawyer soon after you have obtained basic medical treatment after the accident. Delays could hamper or prejudice your legal claims and interests significantly.
If you are unable to negotiate a voluntary settlement with the other driver, or that driver's insurer, consider filing a civil lawsuit in state court. The suit must commence prior to the ending of the statute of limitations period, when time runs out for making your car accident claim.
Can a Utah Auto Accident Attorney Help Me?
It is a given that auto insurance companies are required to pay reasonable, fair compensation for injuries from car accidents to their insureds and other covered parties who suffer injuries and damages to property. Auto insurers operate under written policies and contracts that set forth these requirements. In reality, injured victims are often beaten down, discouraged, and frustrated into accepting low-ball settlements from these auto insurance companies. Sadly, this does not have to happen.
Utah auto collision attorneys provide much-needed legal assistance in these situations. They have experience negotiating and litigating auto accidents and can maximize recoveries for their clients. Experienced accident attorneys are familiar with Utah’s state laws that govern auto injuries, the seatbelt defense, comparative fault principles, how insurance coverage internally operates, and how to effectively and persuasively utilize technical and complex litigation concepts such as accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and medical testimony in trial settings. Each tool in the attorney's skill set is leveraged so injured victims obtain the maximum recoveries.
Locate a Utah Car Collision Lawyer Today
A Utah car accident attorney can represent you in court, examine and evaluate your case, assess the potential bases for recovery and the probable damages stemming from the car crash. Experienced accident attorneys will highlight the strengths and weaknesses of your particular case and outline the likely timeline for negotiating or litigating your claims. A Utah car collision lawyer can help you navigate the state court system to best position your claim for the maximum advantageous recovery. Call now to speak with a car accident lawyer in Utah at 877-913-7222.