Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Nebraska Auto Accidents
It is axiomatic that auto insurance companies are required to pay reasonable, fair compensation for injuries from car crashes to their insureds and other covered parties who suffer injuries in those wrecks. In fact, these insurers have written policies and contracts that set forth these very requirements. Yet, this still does not always happen. The sad reality is that injured victims frequently are beat down, discouraged, and frustrated to the point of accepting low-ball personal injury settlements from these auto insurers. It is important to realize that this does not have to happen.
Nebraska auto accident attorneys can provide sorely needed legal assistance in these instances. These lawyers have experience negotiating and litigating auto crashes and they can maximize the recoveries their clients ultimately receive. They are familiar with Nebraska state laws that govern auto injuries, comparative fault principles, how insurance coverage internally operates, the seatbelt defense, and how to effectively and persuasively use technical and complex litigation concepts such as accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and medical testimony in trial settings to the advantage of their clients. Each tool in these lawyers' skill sets is leveraged on behalf of an injured victim to obtain the maximum possible recovery.
Questions to Consider Asking When Retaining a Nebraska Car Accident Lawyer
When deciding upon a car accident attorney in Nebraska to handle your personal injury case, you might consider asking various case-specific questions to guide you in making your decision and finding the right legal fit. The attorney candidates you screen should be eager, willing, and able to address your questions, as well as to alert you to key issues regarding your accident injury and/or property damage claim. Below are some pointed questions you might consider asking during your car accident attorney-screening process:
- Does the attorney candidate have sufficient time, resources, and staff to undertake your case, given his or her current workload?
- Will the attorney candidate explain Nebraska's legal process and all aspects and intricacies of your auto accident injury and/or property damage claim(s)?
- Does the attorney candidate practice auto accident law on a regular basis? If so, what percentage of his or her legal practice does it comprise?
- Does the attorney candidate have experience successfully undertaking cases similar to your claim in facts and issues?
- How long has the attorney candidate practiced in the area of auto accident or personal injury law?
- Does the attorney candidate usually represent plaintiffs or defendants in auto accident and personal injury cases?
- Has the attorney candidate favorably settled a large number of cases on behalf of injured parties like you?
- Do former or current clients of the attorney candidate have positive statements or referrals to offer about their case experiences and relationship with the attorney?
What Legal Services Do Car Accident Attorneys Typically Perform in Nebraska?
Nebraska car accident lawyers stand ready to tackle the battery of tedious phone calls required to prosecute and resolve complex insurance claims. These lawyers ensure all necessary paperwork and forms for insurance, medical, and legal situations are completed accurately, thoroughly, and timely on a client's behalf. An auto accident lawyer in Nebraska can help you obtain a copy of the police report for your wreck, as well.
The chief focus of an injured party should remain fixed on obtaining medical treatment and achieving a complete physical recovery, not in talking to auto insurance adjusters and claims representatives or in obtaining police reports and other documentation. These tasks add needless stress and distract from the primary objective of recovery for most seriously injured victims and their loved ones.
If you suffer from injuries sustained in Nebraska because of a car accident caused by another's fault, you may be able to receive monetary compensation for multiple damages, losses, and/or injuries, along these lines:
- Other costs or out-of-pocket expenses that you have incurred because of the automobile accident
- Cost of hiring help to do household chores that you are no longer able to perform due to your personal injury
- Lost wages for time missed from employment
- Any lost future earning capacity because of the automobile accident injuries
- Past, present, and future bills for medical treatment related to your auto-accident injuries
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages stemming from the accident
- Emotional distress damages stemming from the automobile accident
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and any property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident
Locate a Local Nebraska Car Collision Lawyer Today
A Nebraska car accident attorney can represent you in court and can examine and evaluate your case to assess potential bases for recovery and probable damages stemming from the car accident. He or she can highlight strengths and weaknesses of your case and outline the likely timeline for negotiating and/or litigating your car accident claim. A Nebraska-based car collision attorney can help you navigate the state's courts and best position your claim for maximum recovery. Call now to speak with a car accident lawyer in Nebraska at 877-913-7222.