Massachusetts Auto Accidents
Auto insurance companies are required to pay reasonable, fair compensation to their insured and covered parties who are injured in car wrecks. Auto insurers are bound by written policies and contracts that mandate these requirements, but somehow this does not always occur. The unfortunate result is that injured victims are discouraged and frustrated so they accept low-ball settlements to stop the escalating stress, countless delays, and tiresome run-arounds. This can be avoided with the help of experienced counsel.
Massachusetts auto accident attorneys provide much-needed legal assistance. They have experience negotiating and litigating auto accident cases and can maximize recoveries for their clients. They are familiar with Massachusetts laws that govern auto injuries, the seatbelt defense , and comparative fault concepts. Auto accident attorneys know how insurance coverage operates from the inside and how to effectively utilize technical and complex litigation concepts like accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and medical testimony in trials. Every tool is leveraged for an injured victim to obtain the highest possible recovery for injuries and losses.
Injuries Caused by Auto Accidents
If you suffer injuries in Massachusetts because of a car accident caused by the fault of another, you may receive monetary compensation for damages, losses, and injuries, such as:
- Past, present, and future medical bills for treatment related to your injuries
- Cost of hiring help to do chores such as cleaning, lawn care, cooking, shopping, and childcare that you are unable to perform due to your injury
- Emotional distress damages stemming from the automobile accident
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages
- Costs or out-of-pocket expenses like towing and storage fees
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and other personal property damaged in the accident
- Lost wages for time missed from employment for doctor's appointments, physical therapy, and court appearances
- Lost future earning capacity due to automobile accident injuries
When Should I Retain a Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyer?
Act quickly after you are injured in a wreck to report the accident to police, emergency medical services, and all auto insurers. The faster you retain an auto collision attorney in Massachusetts, the more that attorney can accomplish in your case in its infancy stages. Your auto accident attorney preserves evidence at the scene and identifies key witnesses. He may hire independent investigators and experts to assist in your claims, and will take the lead in negotiations and settlement discussions to avoid significant litigation costs.
Post-Accident Tips for Victims
Massachusetts auto accident victims assume there is nothing they can do to improve their situation after an accident. But, that is simply not true. Lawyers offer several key tips for injured victims to improve their chances of recovery and protect their legal rights:
- Do not speak to an insurance claims agent or adjuster. It is preferable to permit an auto accident attorney to discuss and negotiate with insurance companies for you. Adjusters ask leading questions and present waivers, releases, and confusing documents that reduce or eliminate your right to receive adequate compensation. Do not make a recorded or taped statement or sign any document until you have the benefit of a consultation with counsel.
- Talk to witnesses at the accident scene and take pictures of the scene and damages if you are able. Photographic evidence is difficult to dispute, especially in a mediation context or as a visual aid for the jury at trial. Write down names, addresses, and contact information for witnesses for future reference, especially in the event of litigation. Pay attention to statements made about speed, signals, swerving, right-of-way, stop signs, traffic lights, blind spots, aggressive and defensive driving.
- Get prompt medical treatment. You have the right after an accident to see a doctor of your choice. Do not allow an insurance company to choose your doctor. Follow your doctor’s recommended treatment regimen and keep detailed records of all treatments, prescriptions, and services received. Keep a log of appointments, medications, treatments, hospitalizations, and office visits.
- Consult with a Massachusetts car accident lawyer immediately. It is prudent to request an initial consultation with at least one Massachusetts car accident attorney as soon after your accident as possible. They can explain your rights and options, and how to best protect your legal interests after a wreck.
Locate a Local Car Accident Attorney Today
A Massachusetts auto accident attorney will represent you in court. He can examine and evaluate your case and assess bases for your recovery and probable damages stemming from the car wreck. He will highlight the strengths and weaknesses of your case and outline a likely timeline for negotiating or litigating your claims. A car accident lawyer can help you navigate the Massachusetts court system and best position your claim for optimal recovery. Call now to speak with an auto collision attorney in Massachusetts at 877-913-7222.
Additional Massachusetts Automobile Accident Resources
Connect with an Attorney nowCall 877.913.7222