Hawaii Auto Accidents
When you are deciding upon a particular Hawaii-based auto collision attorney, it is wise to ask case-specific questions to assist you in making your decision and in trying to find the right legal fit for your case. The attorney candidate should be willing and ready to address your questions, as well as to alert and educate you on the core issues that may help your claim. Here are some key questions you should consider asking as part of your attorney screening process:
- Does the attorney candidate practice auto accident law on a regular basis? If so, what percentage of his or her legal practice does it comprise?
- Does the attorney candidate have experience successfully undertaking cases similar to your claim in facts and issues?
- How long has the attorney candidate practiced in the area of auto accident or personal injury law?
- Is the attorney candidate associated with one or more professional legal organizations or associations that are local and reputable?
- Has the attorney candidate favorably settled a large number of cases on behalf of injured parties like you?
- Do former or current clients of the attorney candidate have positive statements or referrals to offer about their case experiences and relationship with the attorney?
- Does the attorney candidate offer free initial consultations to prospective injured party clients?
- Will the attorney candidate explain Hawaii's legal process and all aspects and intricacies of your auto accident injury and/or property damage claim(s)?
- Does the attorney candidate have sufficient time, resources, and staff to undertake your case, given his or her current workload?
- Does the attorney candidate usually represent plaintiffs or defendants in auto accident and personal injury cases?
How Can a Hawaii Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
It is undisputed that auto insurance companies must pay reasonable, fair compensation for injuries from car collisions to their insured and other covered parties who suffer injuries in car accidents. These auto insurers have written policies and contracts that dictate such requirements. Unfortunately, this does not happen always. The result is that injured victims are discouraged and frustrated to the point of accepting unreasonably low settlements from insurance companies to stop the stress, delays, and run-around.
Hawaii auto accident lawyers can provide much needed assistance in these cases. These lawyers have experience negotiating and litigating auto accidents and they can maximize the recoveries their clients obtain. They are familiar with Hawaii laws that govern auto injuries, the seatbelt defense, comparative fault concepts, how insurance coverage operates from the inside, and how to effectively and persuasively use technical and complex litigation concepts such as accident reconstructiontes, biomechanics, and medical testimony in trials to the utmost advantage of clients. Each tool in these lawyers' skill set is leveraged for an injured victim to obtain the maximum recovery for client injuries, damages, and losses.
What Services Do Hawaii Auto Collision Attorneys Perform?
Hawaii auto accident lawyers are ready and willing to make the battery of seemingly endless phone calls required to prosecute and resolve complex insurance claims. These lawyers and their legal teams ensure all necessary documents and forms for insurance, medical, and legal situations are completed accurately, thoroughly, and timely on a client's behalf. A car collision lawyer can even help you obtain a copy of the police report for your wreck. After all, the leading focus of an injured party should remain fixed on obtaining medical treatment and achieving a full physical recovery, not in talking to insurance representatives or in obtaining police reports. For most victims, these types of tedious tasks add unnecessary stress to their lives and distract from the chief objective of recovery.
Types of Compensation for Damages, Losses & Injuries
If you suffer injuries in Hawaii because of a car wreck caused by another's fault, you may be able to receive compensation for your damages, losses, and/or injuries, along these lines:
- Costs or out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred because of the automobile accident, such as towing and storage fees
- The cost of hiring someone help to do household chores (cleaning, lawn care, cooking, shopping, childcare, etc.) you are no longer able to perform due to your injury
- The repair or replacement of your vehicle and any property damaged or destroyed in the accident, such as personal property stored in your vehicle
- Emotional distress damages stemming from the automobile accident
- Past, present, and future bills for medical treatment related to your auto accident injuries
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages stemming from the automobile accident
- Lost wages for time missed from employment (including time spent going to doctors' appointments, physical therapy, and court appearances)
- Any lost future earning capacity because of automobile accident injuries
Locate a Local Hawaii Auto Accident Attorney Today
A Hawaii car accident lawyer will represent you in court proceedings and can examine and evaluate your personal case to assess possible bases for your recovery and probable damages stemming from the car wreck. He or she can also highlight strengths and weaknesses of your particular case and outline the likely timeline for negotiating and/or litigating your claims. A Hawaii-based auto collision lawyer can help you navigate the state's court system and best position your claim for maximum favorable recovery. Call now to speak with an auto collision attorney in Hawaii at 877-913-7222.
Connect with an Attorney nowCall 877.913.7222