Get Started Finding a Local Attorney Now
Simply fill out this form to connect with an Attorney serving your area.
Connecticut Auto Accidents
If you suffer from injuries in Connecticut because of an auto accident that was caused by another's fault, you may be able to receive compensation for several kinds of damages, losses, and/or injuries related to your accident, including:
- Past, present, and future bills for medical treatment
- Emotional distress damages
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages
- Lost wages for time missed from work (including time spent going to doctors' appointments, physical therapy, and court appearances)
- The cost of hiring help to do household chores (cleaning, lawn care, cooking, shopping, childcare, etc.) that you are no longer able to perform due to your personal injury
- Any lost future earning capacity hindered by your injuries
- The repair or replacement of your vehicle and any property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident, such as personal property that was stored in your vehicle
- Any other costs or out-of-pocket expenses that you've incurred because of the automobile accident, such as towing and storage fees
What Services Do Connecticut Car Collision Lawyers Typically Provide?
Connecticut auto accident lawyers are experienced at making the numerous phone calls required to prosecute and resolve serious and tedious insurance claims. These lawyers can make sure that all necessary paperwork for insurance, medical, and legal situations are completed accurately, thoroughly, and timely on a client's behalf. A car accident lawyer practicing in Connecticut can help you obtain a copy of the police report for your wreck. At the end of the day, the focus of an injured party should remain on medical issues, treatment, and physical recovery, not in talking to insurance adjusters and obtaining a police report. These tasks add unnecessary stress and distraction from the immediate goal of a complete recovery.
What Can an Auto Accident Attorney Do for Me?
Auto insurance companies are required to pay reasonable, fair compensation for injuries from collisions to their insured clients and other covered parties who suffer injuries. These insurance companies have policies and contracts that mandate such requirements on their behalves. Yet, this may not happen in all instances.
Fortunately, Connecticut car accident attorneys can provide assistance in these types of cases. They have experience negotiating and litigating auto accidents and can maximize the recovery their clients receive. These attorneys are familiar with laws of Connecticut governing auto injuries, the seatbelt defense, comparative fault and contributory negligence concepts, how insurance coverage operates from the inside out, and how to effectively and persuasively use technical and complex litigation concepts such as accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and medical testimony at trial. Connecticut car accident lawyers leverage each of these respective tools on behalf of an auto accident victim to achieve the highest possible recovery for injuries, damages, and losses.
Post-Accident Tips for Connecticut Personal Injury Victims
Personal injury auto accident victims frequently assume incorrectly that there is nothing much that can be done to improve their situation or better their claims after an accident. This is simply not true. Knowledgeable Connecticut auto accident attorneys can suggest several steps that auto accident victims can take to bolster their claims and safeguard their rights post-accident, such as:
- Do not speak to an insurance claims agent or adjuster. It is best to allow an auto accident attorney handle those discussions and negotiations for you. Adjusters ask leading questions and present waivers, releases, and other forms of confusing documentation that reduce or eliminate your right to receive compensation. Do not make a recorded statement or sign any document until you have had the benefit of consultation with counsel.
- Do talk to witnesses at the accident scene and take pictures if you can. Photographs are hard to ignore and dispute. It is best to write down the names, addresses, and contact information for witnesses for future reference purposes, especially in the event of litigation. Pay close attention to statements they make about speed, signals, swerving, right-of-way, stop signs, traffic lights, blind spots, aggressive driving, defensive driving, and the like.
- Get prompt medical treatment. You have the right post-accident to see a doctor of your choice. Do not allow an insurance company professional to choose the doctor you see. Follow your doctor's recommended treatment regimen, and keep detailed records of all medical treatment, prescriptions, and services you receive while under a doctor's care.
- Consult with a Connecticut auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. It is wise to request an initial consultation with one or more accident attorneys as soon after your accident as possible (after affording sufficient time for medical treatment). These attorneys can help you understand your rights, options, and how to best protect your interests throughout the legal system and litigation process.
Locate a Local Connecticut Auto Accident Attorney Today
A Connecticut auto accident attorney can represent you in court proceedings and can examine and evaluate your case and assess your potential bases for recovery and probable damages stemming from the car collision. He or she can highlight strengths and weaknesses of your case and outline the likely timeline for negotiating and/or litigating your personal injury claim. A Connecticut-based car collision attorney can help you in navigating the state court system and best position you for maximum and optimal recovery. Call now to speak with an auto accident lawyer in Connecticut at 877-913-7222.